- 23/04/2017: Ming-Ming Cheng give an invited talk (PPT) in VALSE 2017.
- 24/04/2016: Ming-Ming Cheng give an invited talk (PPT) in VALSE 2016.
- 27/11/2015: Prof. Shiguang Shan from Cardiff University visited Nankai University and give a seminar report.
- 18/7/2015: Prof. Paul Rosin from Cardiff Unviersity is visiting Nankai University.
- 16/7/2015: Dr. Xi Chen from Oxford VGG group is visiting Nankai University.
- 23/4/2015: Prof. Shi-Min Hu and Prof. Ralph Martin is visiting Nankai University.
- 22/4/2015: We gratefully acknowledge the support of NVIDIA Corporation with the donation of the Tesla K40 GPU. Here is our research proposal.
- 8/8/2014: VALSE (Vision And Learning SEminar) online discussion website have been launched.
- 01/03/2014: Our papers “BING: Binarized Normed Gradients for Objectness Estimation at 300fp” and “Dense Semantic Image Segmentation with Objects and Attributes” have been accepted by CVPR 2014. The objectness C++ source code got 500+ downloads in 2 days after its initial release!
- 30/08/2013: Ming-Ming Cheng received Outstanding Doctoral Dissertations Award from Beijing Municipal Government.
- 29/08/2013: Our papers ‘Efficient Salient Region Detection with Soft Image Abstraction‘ and ‘Non-Parametric Correspondence Fitting‘ have been accepted by ICCV 2013.
- 25/07/2013: Niloy Mitra received the 2013 ACM SIGGRAPH Significant New Researcher Award
10/03/2013: Our paper on Saliency Detection listed as #2 most cited paper from CVPR 2011.
- 19/11/2012: Seminar report in Oxford VGG: “Smart Images: Understanding image scene for …“.
- 01/07/2012: Ming-Ming Cheng received Beijing Municipal Government Award for “Outstanding PhD Graduates”.
- 25/08/2011: Ming-Ming Cheng received the IBM Ph.D. Fellowship.
- 21/06/2011: Ming-Ming Cheng presented CVPR demo ‘Sketch based Interactive Scene Composition using Internet Images‘, which is closely related with Sketch2Photo and Salient Object Detection and Segmentation.
- 01/12/2010: Ming-Ming Cheng received Google PhD Fellowship.
29/06/2010: Sketch2Photo video in Vimeo has attracted 1,000,000+ clicks within 6 months.
- 10/12/2009: Sketch2Photo is selected as one of the “10 most innovative and promising worldwide initiatives of 2009” by theNetexplorateur jury, under the aegis of French government. It was reported by The Telegraph as “An image manipulation tool built by a group of Chinese students has taken the internet by storm“. It was also reported by Spiegel.