Qibin Hou (Andrew, andrewhoux AT gmail DOT com) is at present a first-year Ph.D. student under Prof. Cheng’s supervision. Before joining in the media group at Nankai University, I was a machine learning engineer in Baidu. My research interests include low-level vision, deep learning, and multimedia applications.
About my name, Qibin, it is really hard western people to pronounce “Qi” as the sound does not exist in all languages apart from Chinese. So, you can also call me “Chibin” or my English name Andrew, which is much easier to pronounce.
- Deeply supervised salient object detection with short connections, Qibin Hou, Ming-Ming Cheng, Xiaowei Hu, Zhuowen Tu, Ali Borji, Philip Torr. IEEE CVPR, 2017. [pdf][code][project]
- Intelligent Visual Media Processing: When Graphics Meets Vision, Ming-Ming Cheng*, Qibin Hou*, Song-Hai Zhang, Paul L. Rosin, JCST, 2017.
- Bottom-Up Top-Down Cues for Weakly-Supervised Semantic Segmentation, Qibin Hou*,Daniela Massiceti*, Puneet Kumar Dokania, Yunchao Wei, Ming-Ming Cheng, Philip Torr, EMMCVPR, 2017. [pdf]
- FLIC: Fast Linear Iterative Clustering with Active Search. Jiaxing Zhao*, Qibin Hou*, Bo Ren, Ming-Ming Cheng, Paul Rosin, AAAI, 2017.
- HFS: Hierarchical Feature Selection for Efficient Image Segmentation, Ming-Ming Cheng, Yun Liu, Qibin Hou, Jiawang Bian, Philip Torr, Shi-Min Hu, Zhuowen Tu, ECCV, 2016.